How can I get zinc in my diet?
Foods high in zinc:
- Red meat; beef, lamb, pork, duck
- Shellfish; oysters, clams, prawns, shrimp
- Dairy; whole milk, high fat cream, hard cheese
- Vegetables; potatoes,
- Chocolate; +72% cocoa
Some foods are naturally low in zinc and 'enhanced flour' has added zinc but still no good.
Avoid some zinc foods, full of other anti-nutrients.
- legumes, often cited as high in zinc but they have serious ill-health consequences.
- Whole grains, enhanced with zinc but contain chains of fructose / fructans / gluten and serious problems for health so the zinc is not of benefit from these foods.