How does each nerve begin a signal?
Sensory structures, a few examples:
- ear drum
- nerve end
- many many other types
The sensory structure initiates the nerve signal with:
- easy to dissolve in water
- move quickly, split second stimulation of nerves
- fast reflexes and quick sensations such as vision, hearing, sports.
- quick to stop stimulating the nerve, vision, hearing
- first column of the periodic tabl, <alkali metals>
- cannot dissolve in water
- moves slowly, long lasting stimulation of nerves
- slow reflexes such as heart beat, digestion, bowel movements.
- slow to stop stimulating the nerve, such as pain
- second column of the periodic table, <alkali earth metals>
These metals conduct electricity, as do all metals, the definition thereof.